LAST UPDATED: 1 August 2019
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms, then you do not have permission to access the Service.
The information provided on the Site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Accordingly, those persons who choose to access the Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are solely responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
The Site is intended for users who are at least 18 years old. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to use or register for the Site.
1. Intellectual Property
Provided that you are eligible to use the Site, you are granted a limited license to access and use the Site solely for your personal, non-commercial use (unless otherwise indicated, such as the Educational Resources provided by Genealogy Guys Learn). We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you in and to the Site, the Content and the Marks.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information regarding the Site(“Submissions”) provided by you to us are non-confidential. You also grant Genealogy Guys Learn a non-exclusive license to these Submissions for any lawful purpose, commercial or otherwise. You agree there shall be no recourse against us for any alleged or actual infringement or misappropriation of any proprietary right in your Submissions.
By creating an Account on our service, you agree to subscribe to any newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information we may send now or in the future. However, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
The Service is billed on a subscription basis (“Subscription(s)”). You will be billed in advance on an annual basis (“Billing Cycle”).
At the end of each Billing Cycle, your Subscription will automatically renew under the exact same conditions unless you cancel it or Genealogy Guys Learn cancels it. You may cancel your Subscription renewal either through your online account management page or by contacting Genealogy Guys Learn customer support team. Your cancellation will take effect at the end of the current paid term. We do not issue refunds for partial year use of the Service should you decide to no longer use our services. If you are unsatisfied with our services, please email us at email@example.com.
A valid payment method is required to process the payment for your Subscription. You shall provide Genealogy Guys Learn or its billing partner or service with accurate and complete billing information including full name, address, state, zip code, telephone number, and a valid payment method information. By submitting such payment information, you automatically authorize Genealogy Guys Learn and its billing partner or service to charge all Subscription fees incurred through your account to any such payment instruments.
Should automatic billing fail to occur for any reason, Genealogy Guys Learn or its billing partner or service will issue an electronic invoice indicating that you must proceed manually, within a certain deadline date, with the full payment corresponding to the billing period as indicated on the invoice.
We currently accept the following forms of payment:
- American Express
4. Fee Changes
Genealogy Guys Learn, in its sole discretion and at any time, may modify the Subscription fees for the Subscriptions. Any Subscription fee change will become effective at the end of the then-current Billing Cycle.
Genealogy Guys Learn will provide you with a reasonable prior notice of any change in Subscription fees to give you an opportunity to terminate your Subscription before such change becomes effective.
Your continued use of the Service after the Subscription fee change comes into effect constitutes your agreement to pay the modified Subscription fee amount.
Certain refund requests for Subscriptions may be considered by Genealogy Guys Learn on a case-by-case basis and granted in sole discretion of Genealogy Guys Learn. However, there are no refunds issued if you decide to stop using the Service or cancel your Subscription ahead of the end of your Billing Cycle.
You may not distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, download, repost, copy, or use said Content, whether in whole or in part, for commercial purposes or for personal gain, without express advance written permission from us.
When you create an account with us, you guarantee that you are above the age of 18, and that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Inaccurate, incomplete, or obsolete information may result in the immediate termination of your account on the Service.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, including but not limited to the restriction of access to your computer and/or account. You agree to accept responsibility for any and all activities or actions that occur under your account and/or password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person or entity other than you, without appropriate authorization. You may not use as a username any name that is offensive, vulgar or obscene.
8. Prohibited Activities
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
- Download and share in any part or any form whatsoever the educational content contained in the Site. That includes, but is not limited to:
- Sharing any text or video content with any other person or organization whatsoever.
- Downloading and using any text or video for any purpose whatsoever, including presentation at any meeting or assemblage of people regardless of whether an exhibition or attendance/admission fee is charged or not.
- Systematically retrieve data or other content from the Site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database, or directory without written permission from us.
- Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses.
- Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services.
- Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein.
- Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site.
- Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords.
- Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
- Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct.
- Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site.
- Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user.
- Use any information obtained from the Site in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person.
- Use the Site as part of any effort to compete with us or otherwise use the Site and/or the Content for any revenue-generating endeavor or commercial enterprise.
- Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
- Attempt to bypass any measures of the Site designed to prevent or restrict access to the Site, or any portion of the Site.
- Harass, annoy, intimidate, or threaten any of our employees or agents engaged in providing any portion of the Site to you.
- Delete the copyright or other proprietary rights notice from any Content.
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”).
- Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site.
- Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software.
- Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site.
- Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
9. Copyright Policy
You acknowledge by using the Service that the Site itself and all of its content are copyright by Aha! Seminars, Inc., and/or Genealogy Guys Learn, and are protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States of America. Copyright violation of our content as defined in Section 8 above, Item 1a, Item 1B, and Item 2 may result in legal action on our part. In that case, you will be responsible for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fees, for each count of copyright violation.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. It is our policy to respond to any claim that Content posted on the Service infringes on the copyright or other intellectual property rights (“Infringement”) of any person or entity.
If you are a copyright owner, or authorized on behalf of one, and you believe that the copyrighted work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please submit your claim via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: “Copyright Infringement” and include in your claim a detailed description of the alleged Infringement as detailed below, under “DMCA Notice and Procedure for Copyright Infringement Claims”.
You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) for misrepresentation or bad-faith claims on the infringement of any Content found on and/or through the Service on your copyright.
We allow advertisers to display their advertisements and other information in certain areas of the Site, such as sidebar advertisements or banner advertisements. If you are an advertiser, you shall take full responsibility for any advertisements you place on the Site and any services provided on the Site or products sold through those advertisements. Further, as an advertiser, you warrant and represent that you possess all rights and authority to place advertisements on the Site, including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, publicity rights, and contractual rights. We simply provide the space to place such advertisements, and we have no other relationship with advertisers.
11. DMCA Notice and Procedure for Copyright Infringement Claims
You may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL (i.e., webpage address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work;
- identification of the URL or other specific location on the Service where the material that you claim is infringing is located;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
You may contact our Copyright Agent via email at email@example.com.
12. Links to Other Websites
Our Service may contain links to third party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Genealogy Guys Learn.
Genealogy Guys Learn has no control over and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. We do not warrant the offerings of any of these entities/individuals or their websites.
You acknowledge and agree that Genealogy Guys Learn shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such third party websites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your account and bar access to the Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, under our sole discretion, for any reason whatsoever and without limitation, including but not limited to a breach of the Terms.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Genealogy Guys Learn and its licensee and licensors, and their employees, contractors, agents, officers and directors, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees), resulting from or arising out of a) your use and access of the Service, by you or any person using your account and password; b) a breach of these Terms; or c) Content posted on the Service.
16. Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Genealogy Guys Learn, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
Genealogy Guys Learn, its parent, its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
19. Governing Law
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Florida, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have had between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material, we will provide at least 30 days’ notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after any revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms. If you do not agree to the new Terms, you are no longer authorized to use the Service.
21. Contact Us
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at:
Genealogy Guys Learn
c/o Aha! Seminars, Inc.
15611 Jericho Drive
Odessa, FL 33556-3016